Galloways Commercial Limited
16 Norwood Road
Information Commissioners Office Reference Number: ZA271221 (expires 10th August 2022)
How do we collect personal information about you?
We obtain personal information that you provide to us through our website, emails, phone conversations, and documents. For example when you:
- Enquire about a property we are marketing
- Request we value or market a property on your behalf
- Register on our mailing list
What type of personal information do we collect?
The data we collect from you might include (but is not limited to) your name, address, email address & phone number. If we are valuing or marketing a property on your behalf, we also request data in order to comply with the Anti Money Laundering regulations of 2017 which might include (but are not limited to): copy of your passport, title deeds and proof you are registered in the UK.
How do we use that personal data?
We will only use the data provided to fulfil a contractual obligation to you, or where appropriate to fulfil a lawful requirement such as an HMRC request. Where we have successfully let or sold a property on your behalf, we may share information relating solely to the particulars of the deal with other property agents or third parties such as but not limited to Rightmove. We will not share your personal details as vendor/landlord or tenant/purchaser with any third parties.
How long do we keep personal data for?
The period for which we will keep your personal information depends on the type of service you requested from us. The retention period may be longer than the period for which we are providing services to you where we have statutory or regulatory obligations to retain personal information for a longer period, or where we may need to retain the information in case of a legal claim. This is usually for a minimum of 6 years to ensure we can defend any legal claim. In most other cases, we will only keep data for as long as necessary and this will be deleted securely using the appropriate software.
How do we store personal data?
We store data in three places – on Office 365, an internal server and an external server located in a secure area off site. These storage devices have a high security access process. We also encrypt and password protect our mobile devices to minimise the risk of data loss if they are stolen.
Who has access to my personal data?
In additional to the above companies, we do not currently share your data with anyone else unless we have your explicit consent.
Your rights as an individual
In this section we have summarised the rights that you have under data protection law. Some of the rights are complex, applying only in certain circumstances and subject to certain exceptions, and in the interests of keeping this policy concise, not all of the details have been included in our summary. Accordingly, you should read the relevant laws and guidance from the regulatory authorities for a full explanation of these rights.
You have the right:
- To object to us processing your personal information for marketing purposes. If you object, we will stop processing your personal information for this purpose. If you wish to stop receiving marketing communications, you can opt out at any time by sending us an email.
- To access the information we hold about you and certain information about our processing of it and your rights in relation to it.
- In certain circumstances, to obtain erasure of the personal information we hold about you, subject to certain exceptions.
- To rectification of the information we hold about you.
- In certain circumstances, to restrict our processing of your personal information or object to us processing it. If you object, we will stop processing your personal information unless certain exceptions apply.
To exercise any of these rights, email James Galloway at firstname.lastname@example.org.
More information about lodging a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office (the relevant UK supervisory authority) can be found at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/.